|Bedford Rd, with the meadow Taylor Wimpey |
wish to develop. Photos: A D Winter
1. A new footway would be constructed on the eastern verge of Bedford Road between the site and start of the present footpath, requiring undergrowth and tree removal, and compensatory planting.
2. A raised platform pedestrian crossing positioned about 100m north of Bedford Rd/High Street junction.
3. A raised table at the Bidwell Hill/Bedford road junction.
4. Speed limit reminder signs activated by vehicles, located between Bidwell Hill and Roslyn Way.
5. A mini-roundabout to replace the existing tee-junction at Rosyln Way.
6. A raised pedestrian crossing between the Roslyn Way junction and the proposed entrance to the Taylor Wimpey development site.
7. The present 30/40mph zone limit on Bedford Road, on approach to the town centre, would be extended out into Bidwell by about 170m.
8. Red and white road markings would be included.
Documents can be viewed online for this full application for up to 169 homes (revised down from 190).
To view full details, go to http://is.gd/cbcplanning enter 14/03056 in the search box, and follow the links.
How To Comment
Public comments on the scheme can be made by contacting the case officer quoting the planning application number CB/14/03056/FULL, Tel: 0300 300 4797
or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Planning, Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5TQ .