Are you a young person in the area who could use some support contacting family elders?
Or do you know a young person that could use some support?
4YP are commissioned by Central Bedfordshire Council to provide support for up to a year for young people who have a parent or close family member in prison. Therefore this is a free service which schools can access for their students and other professionals can access for their clients aged 10-17.
Over the past year their support worker has helped young people by:
* advocating on behalf of young people at professionals meetings
* mediating with foster carers on behalf of young people to improve relationships
* supported young people to improve behaviour and attendance in school
* just being there on the end of the phone and to talk to face to face on a regular basis
* helping one young man to find his father after many years of no contact and not knowing which prison he was in
* offering to go with a young person to visit her mum in prison
There are many young people out there in this situation who could use this support and new referrals are welcome.
Referrals should be made by speaking to someone at your school and asking them to complete an EHA form and submitting it to the CAF admin team at Central Bedfordshire.
If you have any queries regarding this project please feel free to contact Gill Boydell at email@example.com or on 07903 202 703.