Central Bedfordshire Council, Bedford Borough and Milton Keynes Council have signed a new contract with BT Openreach to bring Superfast Broadband in from 2014
- Central Bedfordshire Council is investing an additional £1.2 million to make this happen.
- This will deliver ‘superfast’ broadband (24Mbps or above) to 90% of homes and businesses.
- The councils successfully bid for a share of the £530m government fund to support ‘non commercial’ broadband improvement.
- BT Openreach will invest £2.6m in addition to the funding from government and each local authority.
- BT Openreach engineers will now begin to assess the areas which will receive improved broadband from 2014.