Have Your Say on Dog Poop!

Houghton Regis News Desk · 1,247 like this.
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 20:30.
£75 Fixed Penalty Notice for Dog Poop!
Bag it and Bin it!

Dog owners are being urged by Waste Services and Community Safety to bag and bin their dogs’ waste to keep the area clean.

Dog mess poses serious health risks. It can carry roundworm – containing the parasite Toxacara canis which can cause blindness, epilepsy, asthma and infections. So it’s vital to reduce dog fouling to protect others, particularly children.

Failing to clean up after our four legged friend when in a public space is an offence, and the Council will issue a £75 Fixed Penalty Notice. Dog wardens are already monitoring areas across Central Bedfordshire. If you’re walking your dog please take a doggy bag, pick up after your pooch and use the dog waste bins provided.

Remember you can also use normal litter bins for bagged dog waste, so there are no excuses!

For more information contact Ian McMurdy, Waste Awareness Officer CBC on 0300 300 5418.
==========
Karen B..., Tamsin...., Michelle.... and 5 others like this.
==========
Lee .... Hope the dog owners that use the alleys around Houghton Lower take note as we are constantly on poop watch when we walk to school!
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 20:35 (15 hours ago)
==========
Sandra ....Wish this was the same for cat litter
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 20:44 (15 hours ago)
==========
Helen .... and Houghton Hall.. it makes me so angry that my kids can't walk through the woods without getting it on their shoes. Its just like a giant shite field out the back of my house!
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 20:46 (15 hours ago)
==========
Emma .....  Thank god for this the pavements in grove road are covered in it,I go mad I tell ya if I ever caught some1 lettin there dog do it and walkin away they would be gettin a mouthful and I would pick it up follow them home and post it threw their letter box,I am sick of it !!!!!!!!! Rant over lol x
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 20:53 (14 hours ago)
==========
Jenny .... can it also happen in Leighton Buzzard
Friday, 29 March 2013 at 21:38 (14 hours ago)
==========
Sam .... Damn Right - my number one pet hate! I'm fed up clearing poo from my buggy wheels!!!!!
00:55 (10 hours ago)
==========
Karl .... Good to hear, there's really no excuse for all the people walking their dogs in Houghton Hall park who just ignore their dog's poo despite there being bins everywhere.
08:34 (3 hours ago)

twt Follow this story online at https://www.facebook.com/houghton.regis.news.desk/posts/10151336374942944

Comments

Recently Popular

A New Secondary School For Houghton Regis

Go Houghton Restaurant to be Sold

£1.3m Tithe Farm Recreation Ground Sports Project

Give blood during the Easter holidays

Council Goes Into Private Session to Discuss new CBC Chief Executive's Renumeration

Lidl Plans For 1.2million sq ft Regional Distribution Centre

Council Approves Sustainability Plan

More Popular Stories

Lidl Plans For 1.2million sq ft Regional Distribution Centre

Angry Resident Wants Peace Back as Chalk Pit Tourism Takes Off

L&D Hospital Mani Car Park Closes From 13 July - Bigger Car Park To Be Built

A New Secondary School For Houghton Regis

Consultation on New Secondary School in Houghton Regis

Bidwell Heights - Go Ahead for New Build Despite Crime Concerns

Houghton Regis Academy Closure - Public Meeting 10 March

Plans For 66 bed care Home, Nursery & Shops at Lower Thorn Village

Police Appeal After Man Robbed in Houghton Regis

Amazon Prime Scam Has Cost Victims More Than £1m

Houghton Regis local news, events, council news, going on in Houghton Regis and nearby villages, Bedfordshire, UK. Editor Alan Winter

HRND